Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Quilted Christmas Tree - Stampin' Up! Christmas Quilt

I just had a bit of a panic attack!  I googled how many days until Christmas and the number 68 just seems way to close!  While I like to look ahead and do some planning, right now the big picture just feels a bit overwhelming.  Well, one thing at a time right?  Let's start with something small to get ready for Christmas.

Whether you make 20 Christmas cards or 200 now is the time to get started on your Christmas designs.   I've been playing around with the Christmas Quilt bundle and having a lot of fun.  Even though the layout in the catalog shows all Christmas items it is super easy to change out the colors for a card for any time of the year.  I know a lot of stampers are enjoying creating little paper quilts with this set.  A little less time consuming than a real quilt!


I have to confess that when I bought this bundle I don't think I even really noticed that you can make a Christmas tree with some of the stamps!  I think I was so focused on the quilt shapes that I just saw triangles. 

This is a pretty easy card to put together and would be a good candidate for making multiples.  The card base is Whisper White thick and then a slightly smaller layer of Quilted Christmas DSP.

I layered a length of Lemon Lime Twist finely woven ribbon with a piece of Garden Green cardstock embossed in gold with the sentiment from the Star of Light stamp set.

The tree is a 2 step stamp design with the Lemon Lime Twist portion one stamp and the Garden Green part another stamp.  I use the outline stamp in Garden Green ink.  The tree base is stamped in Real Red.  Once the tree and base were cut out I popped them up with the dimensionals (the mini ones were the perfect size!) onto a Whisper White die cut circle.

A gold Glimmer paper star tops off the tree and a sweet little white baker's twine bowanchors the sentiment banner to the circle.

Start making a list and checking it twice to make sure you give yourself enough time to make your Christmas cards!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Quilt, Star of Light

Ink: Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Quilted Christmas DSP, Garden Green, Gold Glimmer paper

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Quilt Builder framelits, gold embossing powder, Lemon Lime Twist finely woven ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!