Friday, August 4, 2017

Lilly Pulitzer Summer - Fab Friday 118 - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons

  No one has ever accused me of being a fashionista or of even having anything close to resembling 'style' but I am familiar with the Lilly Pulitzer brand.  When I think of Lilly Pulitzer clothes I think; kinda preppy, monograms, and expensive!  But another thing I think of, which is probably what sticks out in my mind the most is, COLOR!  LP has always has colorful clothes with bold, fun patterns.  As soon as I got a look at this week's Fab Friday color challenge my mind went right to Lilly Pulitzer!  If you're a fan of the brand you might be calling me crazy but that's what I thought when I saw these fun, bright, summery colors.  What do you think?



   How fun are these?  And be still my heart we've got Lemon Lime Twist in the mix!

   This is what I came up with for this trio!  I don't think you can get any brighter here!


 Generally when a color combination is all bright colors I will go for a more CAS card with a lot of white to tone down the colors.  I kind of went the opposite way here!  I used all 3 colors for the background which is just sponged onto Whisper White cardstock.  Next, I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Colorful Seasons in white embossing powder at the top.  Don't forget to use your embossing buddy or all that sponging will go to waste with little specks of embossing all over!

  Once I had that panel finished I mounted it to a larger panel of Lemon Lime Twist and then onto the Whisper White thick cardfront.

  I cut out a sweet little white adirondak chair and stamped and cut out a few flowers in Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo using the Colorful Seasons stamp set and matching Seasonal Layers thinlets.

  The leaf sprigs were cut out using the Bouquet Bunch framelits and are tucked behind the flowers and chair.

  The final bit are the tiny rhinestones in the center of the flowers.

  If this card doesn't brighten up your day I don't know what will.  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team ideas and then join in the fun!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons

Ink: Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, Lemon Lime Twist

Accessories: white embossing powder, dimensionals, rhinestones, Seasonal Layers thinlets, Bouquet Bunch framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!