Sunday, April 9, 2017

Happy Birthday Sunshine - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  I don't usually blog on the weekends but with our spring break this week I know I'll be too busy to sit down and be at the computer and I don't want to get more behind than I already am!  It won't be very quiet either with the boys off of school!  Who can concentrate on drinking coffee and blogging about a card with the chaos that an 8 and 10 year old bring to the house?  Not me!  So I better get a few things posted now while they are quietly doing other things!

  My downline Julie and I had a blast yesterday at the Stampin' Up! On Stage event here in Richmond.  I wish all 4 of my downline could have attended but maybe we had enough fun for everyone.  Demos gathered around the country (and the world) for some good times with Stampin' Up!  We had fun with ladies from New Jersey, Ohio and Pennsylvania at our table and then I met up with another group for dinner after the event.  Lots of laughs and even some business sharing at dinner.  Stampin' Up! certainly brings great people together!

  And the best thing of the day is that we got to see new products that are coming out in the annual catalog and bring home our very own catalog!!  It's so fun to begin making my wish list and planning projects and classes with all the new products that will be available soon.  But for now all I can tell you is that you will love it!  If you are really curious to know all these exciting demo-only details ahead of time you'll have join Stampin' Up!

  Now on to the card for today:


  I used 2 challenges to get the ball rolling for this card; The Color Throwdown Challenge and the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge.

  It was kind of fun to come up with a design using these bright challenge colors but still keep to the clean and simple sketch.

  The colors are Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Soft Sky, Garden Green and I threw in some black to make it all pop.

  The flowers and leaves are stamped with the Swirly Bird set, cut out and are popped up under the sentiment. The sentiment is stamped in black with the Sunshine Sayings set and paired with the coordinating Sunshine Wishes thinlets.  I cut the "sunshine" out twice.  Once in Soft Sky and then again in black and just layered the black one behind the Soft Sky one slightly off set to help make it stand out better against the white background.

  The Whisper White background is stamped with the Writing Notes background in Soft Sky.  I adhered it to the Daffodil Delight panel and the black cardfront before punching out the little circles that I was intending to punch.  Oh well!  The last detail is the little Daffodil Delight candy dot above the "i".

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Sunshine Sayings, Writing Notes

Ink: Soft Sky, Garden Green, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, black

Paper: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Whisper White

Accessories: Sunshine Wishes thinlets, dimensionals, candy dot (retired)





 

 
SaveSave

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!