Friday, April 28, 2017

Colorful Seasons Branch - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons - Fab Friday 111

  It seems that the week of my monthly stamp class I can't get my act together enough to prepare for class, have the class and then also blog.  I guess there is just too much going on during that week and something has to give!

  But I've been a having fun with some new stamping supplies that I was able to purchase from the soon to be released 2017-2018 Annual Stampin' Up! catalog!  As an added bonus for attending the On Stage event in Richmond all attendees were able to order some of the products which are in the new catalog!  How fun...except that the ordering window is very short so it's a bit hard to decide what you might want and really, I wanted almost all of the products!! But I decided on a few that I knew I could have some fun with until I could order everything!

  I used a new set, Colorful Seasons, for my Fab Friday challenge card today!  Here's the sketch we're working with this time around....so much you can do with this one!


 I thought the fun branch and flower combo would be perfect for those long skinny panels.  The Colorful Seasons set has a coordinating thinlet set, Seasonal Layers, so it's a breeze to cut out the branch and flowers (and lots of other shapes too)!


  This card is loaded with new items!  The card base is the new In Color Berry Burst.  I think it's kind of in between Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry.  The DSP is from a new pack that is called Wood Textures and is a 6x6 stack with 48 sheets and 12 double designs!  I chose one of the lighter patterns with the roughed up painted wood look.  It's a great background for the bright flowers and leaves.

  The thinlet set comes with a large scalloped edge die so I cut a little short piece to mount my branch on.  The branch is cut with Early Espresso cardstock and then I stamped (and stamped off) 2 of the flowers and cut them out as well.  I used 2 other flower shapes to cut out Lemon Lime Twist (another new In Color!!) flowers which I layered behind the Berry Burst ones to stand in for leaves.  I added the blossoms to the branch with a few popped up on dimensionals.

  I used a thank you greeting from another new set, Daisy Delight, and embossed it in white onto a vellum flag.  I added some linen thread and 2 more flowers around the greeting.  The 2 flowers help conceal the adhesive holding down the vellum.

  As the final touch, I added small rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.

  I'm really looking forward to stamping many more cards with this set.  I see it being a wonderful seasonal go to stamp set for all occasions.  

  Head on over to see what the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team has done with this fun sketch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons*, Daisy Delight*

Ink: Berry Burst*, Versamark

Paper: Berry Burst*, Lemon Lime Twist*, Wood Textures DSP stack*, vellum, Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: Seasonal Layers Thinlets*, white embossing powder, linen thread, rhinestones

*these products will be available in the upcoming 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! annual catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!