Thursday, January 12, 2017

Classic Valentine - Stampin' Up! Sealed with Love

  Well the kids are finally back at school after several "snow" days!  It's hard to be in a routine on snow days so I've got some catching up to do around the house.  I did have the boys do some extra chores for me so I think some of the time off was well spent!  I don't think they would agree... lol!

I'm calling this one a classic Valentine because it's a bit frilly and lacy and it reminds me of the old style Valentines we would make with paper doilies and cut out hearts.  It was fun to pair up some different stamp sets to make a little bit more girly card.


 I had pinned this color combination a while ago for future use and I thought the 2 blues and the pink worked well together.  The Sahara Sand is a nice crisp neutral background.

  First I stamped the lacey border down the from using the Delicate Details stamp set which is a free Sale-a-Bration reward.  It works perfectly for a Valentines Day card! A length of Pool Party Stitched Satin Ribbon is adhered right along side the stamped image.

  A delicate lace doily is a nice anchor for my 2 intertwined hearts that I stamped in Blushing Bride ink onto Blushing Bride cardstock with the Sealed with Love stamp set.  I cut the hearts out using the coordinating Love Notes Framelits.  Next, I cut a Night of Navy arrow and adhered it with a rhinestone.

  A scrap of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and slipped under the hearts to finish this card off.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sealed with Love, Delicate Details (SAB)

Ink: Night of Navy, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand

Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Night of Navy

Accessories: Delicate Lace Doily, Love Notes Framelits, rhinestone, Stitched Satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!