Monday, December 12, 2016

Light of Heaven - Stampin' Up! Star of Light

 The days are getting away from me the closer we get to Christmas so I better get these Christmas cards shared before it's too late!  We made this one at my last stamp club of the year.  It has just enough detail to make you feel that you didn't rush through it but easy enough to mass produce if you need to make some more cards to send out.  I cut extra paper for my class on purpose so that I could make a few extras for my stash.  It was relaxing to color in the stars; kind of like those adult coloring book but without the full page commitment!


  The color combo is a little non-traditional but I like to have a few designs that aren't the traditional red/green.  It keeps the long Christmas card making season from getting stale!

  The card base is Sweet Sugarplum (a fitting color for Christmas!).  I put 3 of the smaller stars from the Star of Light set onto one clear block and used it for the scattering of stars on the card base.  I used Sweet Sugarplum ink.

  The sentiment is stamped on a panel of Whisper White with Elegant Eggplant ink.  I backed this panel with 2 narrow strips of Silver Glimmer paper.  No need to use a whole panel...just 2 strips about a 1/2" wide are perfect.  Just be sure to attach them using tear tape so that it all stays put!

  To make the star I stamped the details star in Elegant Eggplant and then cut it out with the coordinating Starlight thinlet.  After coloring it with Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum markers I mounted with it dimensionals slightly offset on another die cut star in Elegant Eggplant cardstock. A small rhinestone sets off the center.

  It's such a rainy day here in Richmond that I'm going to put on Netflix and get my Christmas cards written and addressed!  I might need to make another pot of coffee!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Star of Light

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Sweet Sugarplum  Markers: Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum

Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Silver Glimmer Paper

Accessories: Starlight Thinlets, rhinestone, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!