Friday, October 14, 2016

Sweet Skunk Hello - Stampin' Up! Foxy Friends - Fab Friday 98

Good morning!  TGIF right?  And it's a Fab Friday challenge day so that makes it double TGIF!

We have a fun color challenge for you this time around!  Do you see Halloween colors or not?  I saw the Halloween in this group of colors but since I don't really send Halloween cards I opted to try for a non-Halloween card.

  My card came about as my pile of card parts got shifted on my stamping desk and this sweet skunk peeked his head out and whispered, "use me...please...I'm one of your challenge colors already!".  And how was I to ignore that plea?  Anyway this skunk got his wish and I built the rest of the card around him.  It seems cute little animals made with the Fox Builder punch keep making their way onto my Fab Friday cards!  See my Koala Bear from last challenge HERE.

 

  The little swirl flowers and leaves from Swirly Bird were just the right size to to stamp in the other challenge colors and layer around the skunk.  Some of the flowers are popped on dimensionals.

  The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder for more texture and interest.  I added a scalloped circle in Whisper White and then a regular Old Olive circle behind to be the base for the skunk and flowers.

  The circle is popped up with dimensionals, the sentiment from Thoughtful Banners is stamped in black and a black baker's twine bow finishes up the details.

  Check out the awesomeness that the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team is sharing and then create your own project to share in our gallery! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners, Foxy Friends (face)

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Perfect Plum, black

Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Old Olive, Basic Black

Accessories: Fox Builder punch, Swirly Scribbles thinelets, Layering Circles framelits, Woodgrain e.f., dimensionals, black baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!