Monday, May 9, 2016

Swirly Bird Sneak Peek! - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  One of the many perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is being able to order select new products a month before the catalog is released.  Our pre-order started last week and I splurged and had my order sent with expedited shipping.  I mostly just wanted the new catalog as soon as I could get it but getting the new In Colors and a few other products were a nice bonus.

  I made some time on Friday afternoon to get into the stamp room and create a quick card.  I used the current challenge over at CAS(e) This Sketch for my inspiration.



   The card base is Whisper White thick and then a layer of Crumb Cake with the corners rounded.  I stamped some Gorgeous Grunge splatters in Crumb Cake ink.  Then I got to work with my new stuff!  Using the Swirly Scribbles thinlets which coordinate with the Swirly Bird stamp set I cut out the wavy looking element and layered that on top of the splatters.

  The pretty purple-y color is called Sweet Sugarplum and has a lovely ruched ribbon that I used across the card front.  Next I added the stamped rose.  I stamped off the Sweet Sugarplum ink once for a lighter look and added the Sweet Sugarplum die cut scribble over the top.

  The leaves are stamped off once in Emerald Envy and then the details were added in full strength ink.  The leaves are layered behind the popped up rose.

  For the sentiment I stamped the banner in Crumb Cake and then added the words in Emerald Envy stamped off once.  The new Thoughtful Banners set and coordinating Duet Banner punch will be a great all purpose set in my collection.  It will be fun to mix and match for all occasions.  

  I added a few gold sequins to finish this card off.  

  The Swirly Bird set and Swirly Scribbles thinlets have a lot of possibilities and I can't wait to get some more time in the stamp room to play with them.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, Sweet Sugarplum

Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Sweet Sugarplum

Accessories: Swirly Scribbles thinlets, Duet Banner punch, gold sequins, dimensionals



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!