Friday, May 27, 2016

Celebrate with Stars - Fab Friday 88

  The weeks are just flying by and my boys just finished up all of their standardized tests and are in the home stretch.  For now we've got to stick to it and end the year strong...and I say we because it's not just the kids that are ready for the summer!  This mom is looking forward to not making lunches every morning or getting out of the house on time every day.  A more relaxed schedule and some time at the pool will do everyone some good!

  But it's Friday and that's always a good thing, especially when it's a Fab Friday challenge day!  Yay!  This is our last hurrah with a few retiring In Colors so I hope you'll play along to say good-bye!


  Isn't this a pretty color combination?  I think so but it was not camera friendly!  I think my Blackberry Bliss looks kind black in the photo and when I tried to lighten it my Hello Honey ended up more like Daffodil Delight!  Oh well, it's clear that I still don't have a handle on my new camera!


  The card base is Whisper White, then a smaller Whisper White panel embossed with the Stars embossing folder for some subtle texture.

  Using the Enjoy the Little Things stamp set I heat embossed the cute little striped background stamp in white and then stacked them up the side.

  The Celebrate banner is stamped in Blackberry Bliss and the stamp is from the Party with Cake stamp set.  I needed to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it lined up just so!

  Next I added a bunch of different stars in our challenge colors as well as some old style silver Glimmer paper.

  The silver ribbon tied in the know is the finishing touch.

  I hope you'll play along with us at Fab Friday as I love seeing all the great ideas in the gallery! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Party with Cake, Enjoy the Little Things 

Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Bermuda Bay, Silver Glimmer (old style)

Accessories: stars border punch, small star punch, star framelits, white embossing powder, Stars e.f., silver ribbon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!