Friday, April 29, 2016

Botanical Leaves - Fab Friday 86 - Stampin' Up! Botanical Blooms

  It's that time again!  Fab Friday!  Woo Hoo!  This is the perfect way to start off the weekend isn't it?  I know I've been quiet this week but there seems to be a lot happening around my house lately.  I had stamp club on Tuesday so I spent a bit of last week designing the projects and then Monday getting prepared for my 20 stampers to join me for some fun.  Then there was a field trip and field day is today and of course I am involved in it all!

  But I know I'm going to get in the stamp room this weekend because I need to figure out if I'll have any supplies left after the Stampin' Up! retiring list came out!  If you haven't gotten it yet just give me a shout and I will send it to you.  You definitely don't want to miss out on something that you've had your eye on!

  On to the real fun!  Check out our fun colors for this week's challenge:



  This is a great combination to say good bye to 2 of our retiring In Colors; Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey.  I used Lost Lagoon a lot and will be sorry to see it go.  But the new In Colors look fun too so never fear...we always have awesome colors to use at Stampin' Up!

  

  I thought our challenge colors would be good for a guy birthday card.  Nothing fancy just some texture and a sentiment.

  The base is Crumb Cake and then there is a smaller layer of Crumb Cake embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder.  I added a strip of Whisper White to help define the smooth and textured sides.

  The leaves from Botanical Blooms (see you don't always have to use the flowers in a set, the leaves are great on their own!) are stamped in Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey and Soft Sky.  I inked up the coordinating detail stamps with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  The embossing adds a bit more texture and some shine. Then I cut them out with the coordinating framelits.

  I clustered the leaves and added a linen thread bow.  The frame from Rose Wonder is stamped in Lost Lagoon and the sentiment is from Endless Birthday Wishes and is stamped in Crumb Cake.

  I hope you'll make time to join our Fab Friday challenge.  You have almost 2 weeks so no excuses!  Head over to the challenge site to get more inspiration from our Fab Friday Design Team!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Rose Wonder, Endless Birthday Wishes

Ink: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Crumb Cake, Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories: Softly Falling e.f., Rose Garden thinlets, Botanical Builder framelits, linen thread, white embossing powder, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the clean design and the leaves work perfectly with the color scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!