Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Easter Sunrise - Stampin' Up! Sunburst Thinlet

 For the last 4 or 5 years I've been helping with the 2 year olds Sunday School class at my church.  The head teacher is a beloved figure at our church and has been a member since the start of the church.  She has always been involved in teaching Sunday school and has as much fun if not more than the kids.  And while she is in her 80s she still hosts an Easter (and Christmas) party every year at her house for her Sunday school class.  It's a great time and I'm blessed to be involved in it all.

  Of course if there's a party we need invitations.  It's fun to come up with an Easter invitation for this party each year.  This year I didn't really have an Easter stamp to use so I came up with this little scene.


  The card base is Soft Sky and then I cut out the sun with the Sunburst thinlet in So Saffron.  I sponged all around the edges with So Saffron and then also sponged the punched circle.  The circle is popped up on dimesionals.

  To make the cross I used some strips of Crumb Cake and stamped the Hardwood background stamp on them with Tip Top Taupe ink.  The edges are sponged and I added the nail holes with my Tip Top Taupe marker.

  The butterfly is from Garden in Bloom in the annual catalog.  I stamped the outline in Tip Top Taupe and the fill in stamp is Perfect Plum ink stamped off once to give a softer look.  It doesn't show up in the photo but the butterfly is colored with the clear Wink of Stella brush.  I hand cut it with my trusty paper snips.  

  The cross and butterfly are both popped up on dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hardwood, Garden in Bloom

Ink:  So Saffron, Tip Top Taupe, Perfect Plum

Paper: Soft Sky, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories: Sunburst Thinlet, dimensionals, Wink of Stella clear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!