Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Birthday Balloon - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

  I am just loving these balloons from the Occasions catalog!  The matching punch makes them even better wouldn't you say?  I've used just a single balloon from the Balloon Celebration set a lot lately.  I think it compliments so many other sets in the Occasions catalog so its uses just expands so much!


  I've been trying to be better about digging through my scrap folders before cutting into a larger piece of cardstock.  My file drawers are starting to bulge with all the scraps so I'm trying to take a moment or two to see if I've already got a piece of cardstock that would work instead of just jumping right to the cutting table.  I found this already embossed piece of Whisper White cardstock in the scrap folder and I thought it would work for this birthday card.

  As with a lot of my cards lately this one was for a sketch challenge that is long since closed.  I don't even know which one any more.  I seem to have some trouble getting a card made, photographed, edited and posted in the week that most of the challenges are open for.  Better to share late than not at all right?

  I used a Whisper White thick card base and then used a layer of the It's My Party DSP stack in the Occasions catalog (see what I was saying about the Balloon Celebration set being so versatile, it even goes with this DSP design!).  I stamped the balloon string in black and then I hand cut the embossed piece and gave it a little bit of a curve to go with the curve of the balloons.



  I stamped the balloon outline in black, filled it in with the solid stamp which was inked in Melon Mambo and stamped off once.  Next I added the darker highlight stamp in full strength Melon Mambo ink.  The coordinating balloon punch made quick work of cutting it out.  I used the Wink of Stella pen to give the balloon a quick shimmer before popping it up with a dimensional.

  The sentiment was stamped on the DSP after I popped the Whisper White embossed layers up with more dimensionals.

    This would be a great card to make a stack of to give as a gift or if you have a very busy birthday month coming up and want to start prepared to get those cards in the mail on time!  Lofty goals but they can be done!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebration

Ink: Melon Mambo, black

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, It's My Party DSP

Accessories: Wink of Stella pen, Balloon Bouquet punch, Softly Falling embossing folder, dimensionals

  


1 comment:

  1. The perfect way to use Wink of Stella! Love the window with DSP peeking out. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!