Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Embossed Winter Forest - Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree

 I am rolling through these Christmas cards lately aren't I?  I better get my tail in gear because I counted up how many Christmas cards I have made and I only have 50!  Yikes!  That doesn't cover the number of cards I need to send out.  I guess I will just have to sacrifice cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry to get some stamping done right?  I know you all understand.  Important things right people?

  We made this card a few weeks ago at my November stamp club.  Thanks to my stamping lady Virginia for sending me a link to a card that showed this technique.  I had seen it around the web and just needed to take a moment to try it for myself.  I was worried it would be too messy or take too long for a class setting but I think it worked out well!


  The trick to this one is to ink up the Woodland embossing folder on the side where the trees are recessed.  On my folder it's the side where the Sizzix logo is printed.

  First step is to press the Soft Sky ink pad directly onto the folder on the side where the trees are recessed.  Then using a brayer roll the ink around the folder to even it out.  

  Now it's time for the trees!  We used Lovely As a Tree because you can't get anymore classic than that pine tree.  Ink it up with Garden Green ink and stamp the tree right over the Soft Sky ink and repeat across the folder varying the heights.

  Now for the crucial part of putting it to cardstock!  Carefully line your cardstock up against the uninked side of the folder and gently close the folder and run it through the Big Shot. To make multiples without having to wash and dry the folder after each imprint just put a piece of paper towel in the folder and put it through the Big Shot again.  If you have stubborn spot you can spritz with a bit of Stampin' Mist and do the paper towel again.  Nice and clean for the next one.

  For the rest of the card we tore a piece of Whisper White and added some Dazzling Diamonds to make some snow.  Using the Two Way glue pen we added some more "snow" onto the branches of the tree.

  The banner is stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  We added a faceted button with a Cherry Cobbler baker's twine bow.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Oh What Fun

Ink: Soft Sky, Garden Green, Versamark

Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Whisper White

Accessories: Woodland embossing folder, White embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, faceted button, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, brayer


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!