Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Autumn Maple - Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves

  Since my card yesterday highlighted the beautiful oak leaves in the Vintage Leaves stamp set I didn't want the maple leaf to get jealous so today's card features this beauty.  I think the maples changing colors are my favorite in the fall and while the colors I used aren't truly autumn colors I like how this one turned out.


 I'm using the colors in the current Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge; Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.

  The card base is Basic Gray and then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Woodland embossing folder.  I lightly sponged the edges with Basic Gray ink.  The only piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon that I had was the retired seam binding ribbon and it was stuffed into my scrap bin and was in serious need of being ironed.  I joked that if someone asked if I ironed I could be truthful and say yes.  No one has to know I only iron ribbon for a card and not clothes!

  To make the maple leaf I watercolored the 3 colors onto watercolor paper with my Aquapainter.  I just put the colors down in random splotches and then dried it with my heat gun.  Once it was dry I inked up the maple leaf with Basic Gray ink and stamped onto the watercolor paper.  The leaf was then cut out with the Leaflets framelits.  Remember you can get the Vintage Leaves stamp set and Leaflets framelits in a bundle and save 15%!

  I mounted the leaf with dimensionals and then add the happy birthday banner and button tied with baker's twine.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?



Stamps: Vintage Leaves, And Many More

Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango

Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, watercolor paper

Accessories: Woodland e.f., Leaflets framelits, Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon (retired), Sale-a-Bration button (retired), Basic Gray baker's twine (retired)



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the water colored leaf with the Woodland embossing folder. Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I got a chuckle out of your iron story! What we won't do to put the perfect elements on our cards! Love the water colored leaf as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I'll have to CASE this one. I love the coloring on the leaf and the embossed background sets it off perfectly. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never would have thought of using these colors for leaves but they are perfect. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amanda!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our Color Challenge #220! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.

    Please contact me for the html for your badge of grab it from our blog site post.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    Come play again!
    HSS Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!