Saturday, June 20, 2015

Tool Thanks - Stampin' Up! One Big Meaning

  After a whirlwind trip out of town last weekend and Cub Scout camp chaperoning all this week it's been a busy time for us!  I haven't had much energy to be in the stamp room but do have a few projects to show that were made before the chaos started.

  Since Father's Day is tomorrow I thought this might be a good time to write about this card.  Even though I made it as a thank you to a friend who lent us some tools for a home improvement project the sentiment could easily be changed for a Dad.



  I had a piece of Baked Brown Sugar left on my stamping desk after cleaning the retired colors out of my work space so I just grabbed it and stamped the Hardwood background on it in Soft Suede ink.

  I stamped the new One Big Meaning thank you sentiment onto Very Vanilla and cut it out with my oval framelits.  I added a row of 3 silver brads underneath for some "hardware".  That is all popped on dimensionals to the card front.

  Next I poked around the internet for punch art tools and found one for a hammer.  Basically you punch a large oval then with a smaller oval you nip out a few partial ovals from the big one to get your hammer shape.  I added some details with my Basic Gray marker and mounted the hammer onto the handle punched with the Word Window punch.



  The nail and screw I came up with on my own.  I know they aren't to scale with the hammer but I still think they look good.

  I cut narrow strips of Smoky Slate and trimmed the ends to points.  The threads of the screw are stamped using the Gorgeous Grunge set.  The head of the screw is a circle punched with the Owl punch and trimmed with the line hand drawn.  The nail head is also a punched circle with both sides trimmed.



  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hardwood, One Big Meaning, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Soft Suede, Smoky Slate

Paper: Baked Brown Sugar (retired), Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate

Accessories: Oval framelits, Extra Large oval punch, Large oval punch, Word Window punch, Owl punch, silver brads (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!