Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bird on a Branch - Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life

  My boys are huge readers...I mean huge.  Like if they are reading a book they don't hear anything else going on around them, including their mother asking them to do something!  I know lots of moms have the opposite problem getting their kids to read so we are lucky in that way.  We hit the library about once a week for them to stock up and most of the books are read before the middle of the week.  So when my cousins wife asked me if we would be interested in some books that their son had outgrown of course I jumped right on it!

  My parents hauled the 5 boxes of books down with them from CT the last time they visited and I sorted them out for the boys and put some away for when they are older.  Now I think we need a new bookshelf somewhere!

  I had to make a card to thank my cousins family for their generosity and have the boys write a thank you note.


 I used the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch for my layout and played around with some new 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! catalog items.  Don't forget that today is the big day when the whole catalog is available to order from!  Demonstrators are super excited to get to share all the new products and stamps with you.  If you want to order head over to my online store and see what's new.  The link is in my side bar.  If you are local to me in the Richmond, VA area and would like a catalog just let me know and I will get one to you.

  I decided that Pacific Point is a fabulous pairing with the new In Color Cucumber Crush.  These would make for a nice crisp Father's Day card....hint hint hint!  

  The base is Pacific Point, then a layer of Cucumber Crush and a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Cloudy Day embossing folder (retired).

  I layered a piece of Cherry on Top DSP and flagged the end.  The sentiment is embossed in white onto a narrow scrap of Pacific Point.



  I had a lot of fun putting together the scene using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and coordinating Tree Builder punch.   The circle is Soft Sky and I embossed the cloud image in white and then added my other pieces.  The branch is stamped in Soft Suede onto Tip Top Taupe and punched out.  I stamped the tree leaves in Cucumber Crush onto the same color cardstock and then cut out a few bunches of the leaves.  I popped the middle set of leaves up on a tiny piece of dimensional.  Finally I stamped the bird in Pacific Point on the same color cardstock and then punched it out.  The whole scene is popped on dimensionals over the edge of the banner.

  The final touch is a cluster of buttons under the sentiment.  The Pacific Point flower shaped button is one from a Sale-a-Bration reward several years ago and I still had a few left.  Talk about hoarding right?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life

Ink: Versamark, Soft Suede, Pacific Point, Cucumber Crush

Paper: Pacific Point, Cucumber Crush, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, Cherry on Top DSP

Accessories: white embossing powder, Circles framelits, Tree Builder punch, dimensionals, buttons, baker's twine, candy dot





1 comment:

  1. hello Amanda! found your blog while blog hopping...I live in VA too, I am about two hours west of Glen Allen. your card is super cute...sweet color combo!
    I am giving Simon Says Stamp gift cards away to celebrate my birthday, comment on my blog post here for your chance at winning...
    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/07/my-birthday-month-giveaway.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!