Monday, April 20, 2015

Lovely Sponged Sky

  With the Stampin' Up! retirement list coming out tomorrow I thought this would be a good card to share since the Lovely As A Tree set has been around FOREVER and demonstrators speculate every year if this set will be on the retirement list.  I hope not as it always makes a great card and having a classic tree/nature set in your collection is a must.

  I made this one for my mom's bible study group to send to a man from church who has been struggling with health problems recently to let him know we were praying for him.


  I used some scrap copy paper to mask the sides of the Naturals Vanilla cardstock.  Starting at the top I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink  making it darker towards the top and going lighter into Daffodil Delight ink and then into Old Olive.

  Once the sky was finished I left the mask on and inked up the pine tree stamp with Mossy Meadow and stamped it right over the top of the sky and then stamped a few more times without re-inking to create my forest of pine trees.

  The banner is stamped with the the "thinking of you" from Sheltering Tree set.  I popped it up and wrapped a bit of linen thread and a strip of Mossy Meadow ribbon. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sheltering Tree

  Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow

  Paper: Naturals Vanilla, Mossy Meadow

  Accessories: linen thread, Mossy Meadow satin ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your design and the way you stamped the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. How big is it? I'm new at cardmaking and didn't know if all DIY cards are the same size or different sizes. Thanks for the info and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!