Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Prize Pig

 Do you have that one stamp set that as soon as you saw it you just had to have it?  I had to have this set shortly after I started stamping in 2005.  Walk This Way is just the cutest farm animal set with a pig, cow, chicken and sheep.  I've held onto it all these years later and even though I keep very few retired items as a demonstrator this one always gets a spot in the drawer.

  I combined 2 challenges for this one, Sketch Frenzy Friday and the Friday Mashup.  The sketch is pretty self explanatory but the Friday Mashup challenge is to use a farm animal and add some party bling.  I didn't get the bonus point because this stamp set doesn't have a goat image but I think this one came out pretty cute.

 

  Adorable right?  Will eBay sales for Walk This Way jump?  Probably not but it's a sweet hello card nonetheless!  It's a nice combination of old and new using the retired stamp set with the fabulous Best Year Ever Sale-a-Bration DSP and the Hardwood background stamp.

  The base is Crumb Cake stamped with Hardwood in Soft Suede ink.  I rounded the bottom corners with a corner rounder punch.

  I bought the Starburst Framelits when they were one of the Tuesday specials a few weeks back and hadn't used them yet so I thought the shape would make a good background for my pig.  I used the circle piercing guide to pierce all the way around the starburst. After I had the card assembled my husband thought it looked like a prize ribbon from a fair, hence the title of the post! 

  Next, I added the sentiment which I used a marker to ink up just the "hello" from the retired hostess set Good Greetings and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.  I tucked it behind a narrow strip of the Best Year Ever DSP.



  The pig is stamped in Memento black ink and then I colored him in with Pink Pirouette Blendabilities.  I fussy cut him with my trusty paper snips and then popped him up with dimensionals.  Look at that cute little curly tail!

  For the party bling part of the challenge I used a scrap of silver taffeta ribbon on the end of the DSP strip and some silver sequins scattered about.  Each sequin has a rhinestone in the center for a little extra sparkle.

  This was a fun card to put together and I'm glad I had a farm animal so I could play along with Friday Mashup.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Walk this Way (retired), Good Greetings (retired), Hardwood

Ink: Soft Suede, Memento  Blendabilities: Pink Pirouette

Paper: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Best Year Ever DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: Starburt framelits, dimensionals, silver taffeta ribbon, rhinestones, sequins, decorative label punch, corner rounder




  

3 comments:

  1. Ha, adorable card! I love your colors. My daughter walked by and said, "That's one big pig!" LOL! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is just adorable! I love your pink pig and the colors you used look fabulous! Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute! What a great card this turned out to be! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!