Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

  Happy New Year stampers!  I took quite the break from blogging over the very very busy Christmas holiday but I'm back now with some fun new projects to share.

  The Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog is getting ready to go live on Tuesday so I've been having a lot of fun with my preorder (fun demo perk!).  Don't forget Sale-a-Bration too!

  The Celebrate Today stamp set and coordinating framelits make cute cards!

  What better way to celebrate the New Year than with some fun balloons!


  I stamped a balloon in Crisp Cantaloupe and one in Pistachio Pudding onto Whisper White and then added some accents in gold.  Next I stamped the strings in black.  The string stamp is actually straight but one of the cool things about photopolymer is that you can bend the stamps on the clear block so I added some curves.

  I stamped the "happy" balloon in gold and then cut it out with the framelit.  I popped it up in front of the other balloons with dimensionals and then went to work with my embellishments.

  The Celebrate Today comes with some fun stamps to dress up the balloons so I used one of them, the tassel stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe paired up with a strip of gold sequin trim.  For the banner I used a marker to ink up just the "new year" part and stamped it on a thin strip of Pistachio Pudding and flagged the ends.  The retired hostess only set Good Greetings has really come in handy for a lot of my sentiment needs lately.

  Here is a not so great photo of the inside of the card.  I used the almost retired 25 Days Countdown set from the Holiday catalog to do the year.  



  I hope you enjoyed the last few weeks and time with family and friends.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Celebrate Today (Occasions), Good Greetings (retired), 25 Days Countdown (Holiday)

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Black, Gold

Paper: Basic Black, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White

Accessories: gold sequin trim, Balloon framelits (Occasions), dimensionals

  

1 comment:

  1. Hope your break was wonderful! Glad to see you back, and love your fun card! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!