Saturday, January 17, 2015

Big Day Birthday


February is fast approaching and that is our busiest birthday month with 6 relatives having birthdays. I like to have quite a stockpile of cards to choose from so I can make sure to get them in the mail on time!  

  The new Sale-a-Bration set Big Day is really fun...1) you can get it for free with a qualifying purchase!  2) it has that fun chalkboard font that's so popular and 3) it encourages you to eat cake! (and ice cream too!  I used that stamp on the inside of the card--you'll just have to trust me!)


  I used a past sketch from Freshly Made Sketches from a few weeks ago; it was too fun a layout to skip using!

  I wanted to try embossing the sentiment with white embossing powder and then coloring different parts with my Blendabilities.  It comes out really neat and is a nice way to highlight the words.  I also used the Coastal Cabana blendabilities to color the 3 rhinestones on the side.

  The DSP pieces are from the Best Year Ever Sale-a-Bration freebie.  Doesn't it go so well with this stamp?

  It's hard to see in the photo but I used my Simply Scored scoring board to dry emboss a frame around the Whisper White panel.  It's a subtle but nice element.

  To see another card using the Big Day stamp set check out here: Big Day Birthday .  And for more inspiration using the Best Year Ever DSP see here: Baby Balloons and Celebrate! 

  If you'd like to earn FREE Sale-a-Bration products with your purchase of $50 or more (before tax/shipping) just contact me or head to my ONLINE STORE and get started!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Big Day

Ink: Versamark   Blendabilities: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Best Year Ever DSP

Accessories: white embossing powder,  rhinestones, dimensionals, Simple Scored, Circles framelits

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Amanda? My favorite part is actually the embossed line...love that iT's barely there, and still packs such a punch! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!