Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Delicate Butterfly

  I was able to make another card using supplies from the upcoming Occasions catalog and 2015 Sale-a-bration.  I really need to get all of my Christmas to do list finished up so I can have some more time to play with my box of goodies.

  I made this card using the Retro Sketches challenge.  I broke out the Butterflies thinlits that are just gorgeous.  Like with other thinlets using a bit of wax paper when cutting the image will help all the little pieces fall out.


  I layered 2 of the middle sized butterflies and popped the top Crisp Cantaloupe one with dimensionals.

  The vine paper is so cool!  It's a Sale-a-Bration selection called Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP.  It's white with the glossy images already on the paper so you can sponge, daub, spritz or color however you would like.  The ink on the images just wipes off with a tissue.  Think emboss resist but you don't have to break out your heat gun.  There are 6 different patterns and they are regular 12x12 sheets and you get 2 of each pattern.



  I used a sponge and Pear Pizzazz ink and went from lighter to darker for my background.

  I added some punched scalloped border along the side.  I went a little crazy with the embellishments but it was fun adding the rhinestones and candy dots and used the lightest Calypso Coral Blendabilities marker to color the small rhinestones.  It's a great match for Crisp Cantaloupe!

  The sentiment is also new in the Sheltering Tree set and I added a Soft Sky cotton twine bow to pull in a bit more of that color.

  Off to check my list!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sheltering Tree (Occasions)

Ink: Pear Pizzazz

Paper: Whisper White, Irresistibly Yours DSP (SAB), Soft Sky, Crisp Cantaloupe

Accessories: candy dots, rhinestones, Blendabilities, dimensionals, scallop border punch, Butterflies thinlets (Occasions), cotton twine (Occasions)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!