Sunday, November 2, 2014

Endless Snowflakes

  What a fun weekend we had!  I hope you did too! The boys really enjoyed themselves on Friday for Halloween.  Their costumes were Lego minifigures from the Lego Movie.  Alex was Emmet and Ryan was Bad Cop.  Matt and I got busy with some cardboard and paint and pulled the outfits together.  They came out really well if I do say so myself! I even used my Big Shot and the Little Letters thinlets to make the Emmet name badge!  And of course the boys were extremely pleased with themselves when they trick-or-treated at every house in the whole neighborhood and came away with more candy then they know what to do with!



    On Saturday after the boys last soccer games of the season we headed up to JMU for the homecoming football game.  The weather was not the best but the rain ended before the game began and we had fun cheering on the Dukes and trying to stay warm while hanging out with some great friends.  The Dukes pulled off a win which we were thankful for as we toughed out the whole game in the cold and wind.

  We ended the weekend with some Sunday driving on Skyline Drive seeing what was left of the fall colors.  33 degrees and windy up on top of the mountains was no joke!  We stopped and got out at a few of the overlooks but mostly we enjoyed the views from the warm car!

   Now on to the stamping project as I'm sure most of you are not here to read about our weekend adventures!

  We made this card last week at my Christmas class.  I told my stamping ladies that if they wanted to mass produce a card for Christmas this one would be perfect.  You can stamp all the snowflakes and part of the sentiment at the same time!  No re-inking and changing stamps for each image!


  The base is Soft Sky, next is a layer of Bermuda Bay.  Then we have a piece of Whisper White.  I made a stencil out of an extra piece of cardstock and the Stars framelits and then sponged the star shape in Soft Sky.

  To get perfect placement when making multiple of the same card lay your photopolymer stamps image side down onto the cardstock where you want them.  I put my snowflakes down as well as the "& bright" making sure to leave a bit of room for the rest of the sentiment.  Then I took a clear block that would fit all the stamps and just pressed it down on top of the stamps that were laid out to pick them up.  Magic...now I had all the stamps on the block in exactly the spot I needed to make more than one of the same card!

  The final bit of stamping is to add the Real Red "merry" in the spot that was left between the snowflakes.

  We added Real Red ribbon across the lower part of the card and a rhinestone to each of the snowflakes.

  What do you think?  I bet this one would look great in a bunch of different color combinations!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Wishes

Ink: Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Real Red

Paper: Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White

Accessories: Stars framelits, rhinestones, Real Red ribbon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!