Monday, November 10, 2014

Clean and Simple Sympathy

  Sometimes simple is the way to go for a card and with sympathy cards that's the direction I usually take.  Here is a very simple design using the classic Lovely as A Tree.


  The base and stamped layer are both Natural Ivory cardstock.  The Trees are stamped in Always Artichoke.  The smudging was a happy accident as the ink didn't dry right away and I got my finger on the image and it smeared a bit.  I thought I would go with it and just rubbed my finger over the rest of the image.

  The sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant and then I added a line of paper piercing.  The image panel is mounted onto a layer of Sahara Sand.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sweet Essentials (retired)

Ink: Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant

Paper: Naturals Ivory, Sahara Sand

Accessories: paper piercer

3 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful smudges, Amanda! This is one of my favorite StampinUp stamps. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I really like this card! Interesting color choices–I like them! The way this is stamped makes this look almost like a sketched scene. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to find out how you did this stamping so I came here to see instructions. Funny how mistakes create amazing results. I also thought it was either embossed or sketched or something to get that haze affect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!