Friday, October 10, 2014

Bold Birthday Flower - Fab Friday 52


It's a Fab Friday challenge day!  Woo Hoo!  I know you're excited not only for the weekend, but for our great new challenge!  The other day I was saying that I keep making Halloween cards but don't really have anyone to send them too...well wouldn't you know that our challenge colors this time just scream Halloween.  I decided to really challenge myself and say no to a Halloween card.  What was I thinking?  It was a bit of a struggle to get going but then the elements started to come together.



  The card base is Blackerry Bliss with a layer of Whisper White that was embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.  It's hard to see in the photo but it's a nice subtle touch that adds extra detail but doesn't compete with the brightness of the flower.

  I went with a big, bold flower for these bold colors!  I am loving the Blackberry Bliss lately and I think it looks wonderful on the big petals of the Flower Patch stamp.  I stamped it twice in BB, once for the biggest part of the flower and then again for the little small center which I cut out with my trusty paper snips.  I stamped it once in Tangelo Twist to make the middle layer also cut with the snips.  I layered all the piece with dimensionals so the flower really pops.


  I created the polaroid style frame and the smaller square sentiment panel using the Square Framelits.  These are also popped with dimensionals.

  The "happy birthday" from Endless Birthday Wishes is stamped with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.  That's all the black I've got on my card!

  Here's a look at the layers:



  I added a few rhinestones to the side of the flower and then one to the center.

  I hope you'll join us for this challenge!  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team projects for some more inspiration...they never disappoint!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flower Patch, Endless Birthday Wishes

Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Versamark

Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White

Accessories: corner rounder, Large Polka Dots embossing folder, Flower Fair framelits, Square framelits, black embossing powder, rhinestones, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!