Monday, July 7, 2014

Simply World Cup

  Even though the United States didn't advance in the World Cup last week I still have a soccer card to share.  I made this one before we headed out on vacation a week and a half ago so the US was still a contender.  We were all hooting and hollering at the TV and were sad to see them lose but what a fantastic performance from Tim Howard!  As someone who played soccer for many years I could certainly appreciate his heart and determination.  My almost 8 year old has been wanting us to shoot on him so he can practice his goalkeeper skills!  I would say even with the loss the USA World Cup team has inspired many kids to get out there and play some soccer.


  For this card I used the new Mossy Meadow In Color for the card base...kind of a green soccer field and embossed a piece of Lost Lagoon (the sky!) with the Tiny Triangle embossing folder.  

  To make the soccer ball I used the Hexagon Hive thinlet to cut out a panel in Basic Black.  Then used the Circles framelits to cut a circle shape and then another circle in Whisper White.  Using a bit of multipurpose glue I adhered the hexagon hive piece to the plain white circle. Ta-da!  A soccer ball!

  The new Simply Sports sets was definitely on my list of must have sets when the new catalog came out.  My boys are starting to get into all kinds of sports these days, watching and playing so it makes sense to have a versatile set like this.  And it's so great that they have the little pigtail/ponytail stamp to turn the figures into girls when needed! I embossed the little soccer guy with Crushed Curry embossing powder and then did the soccer ball again in black and cut it out.  I used the smaller circle framelit to cut him out and then popped the soccer ball on a tiny piece of dimensional.

  I used the banner punch and some Flashback DSP for the flags in the corner and have them "hanging" from the Game On sentiment stamped in black and cut out.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simply Sports

Ink: Versamark, Stazon

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black, Whisper White, Flashback DSP

Accessories: Circles framelits, Hexagon Hive thinlet, Crushed Curry e.p., Banner punch, Tiny Triangles e.f.

1 comment:

  1. Love the card especially for coaches and the parents that help out so much. Also the choice of colors. If you need a soccer "coach" -- just give us a shout. My son would love to help out. You cold have baby sitter/soccer trainer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!