Friday, June 20, 2014

Fab New Colors - FabFri44

  I know I'm late in getting my card posted for this week's Fab Friday Challenge but this week has kicked my butt.  Cub Scout camp is so busy and tiring that I didn't even realize what day it was until Mindy reminded us that it was a challenge week!  It figures that today is the day I didn't volunteer to chaperone and the temperature is only going to get up to 86 degrees!  All week it has been 95+!  But the kids all had a great time and it's so fun to see the activities that they get to do.

  So let's get on with it then!  Our Fab Friday challenge this week is all of the new In Colors that just came out with the release of the new catalog.



  Don't they look great together even just on the challenge logo?  I wasn't a huge fan when we first got a peek at them...I thought they were too close to other colors we already had but using them has made me like them a lot more, especially the Blackberry Bliss!  Yum Yum!


  I used the same look as the logo and just lined up strips of the In Color cardstock, punched out a star from the bottom of each color and added a punched Glimmer Paper star to the negative.  I was excited to get the Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer set so I stamped a sprinkling of confetti in Versamark across the center of the panels and made a few flags for my "happy birthday" sentiment.  I layered the flags over some silver taffeta ribbon and added a large silver button with a silver bow.  

  Go check out the rest of the Fab Friday design team projects!  They rocked it for sure!  And then go grab your new In Colors and show us what you've got!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes (photopolymer)

Ink: Versamark, BlackBerry Bliss

Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White, Glimmer paper

Accessories: star punch, silver button, silver taffeta ribbon, dimensionals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!