Friday, March 14, 2014

Circles of Love - Fab Friday 37

  Maybe you've been wondering why I've been MIA lately...or maybe not!  Anyway we took the boys to Disney World last week and I only had time to schedule 2 posts for when I was gone and this week I've been playing catch up with some things and just generally trying to get my house back in order!  We had a great time at Disney and it was fun once we got there.  There was bad weather predicted on the East Coast the day we were supposed to leave so our flight for Monday morning was cancelled Saturday night!  We scrambled that night to book another flight so we could leave on Sunday before the snow hit.  Luckily there were a few seats left on a plane taking off Sunday evening.  Even before all that Ryan came down with a stomach bug early Saturday morning so we were nervous that he wouldn't be feeling better when it was time to leave or another member of the family would be ill.  All worked out and we made it to sunny Florida.  At least it was sunny for a few days.  It got pretty chilly and was probably colder than it was here in Virginia by the time we were leaving.

They were obsessed with hugging all the giant stuffed characters in the shops!
  To see a cool Mickey Mouse card that I made to tell the boys we were going to Florida see my post from last week HERE.

  Anyway I know most of you aren't here to chat about my vacation...you're here to see the latest challenge from Fab Friday!  We've got a challenging layout this time around.  When I first saw it I was like cool, I have lots of ideas for that!  But then when I sat down to stamp nothing seemed to work!  I guess that's why it's a challenge right?  I didn't want to go with the obvious choice of using the word bubble framelits but I think it might have gone smoother if I did!



  And here is my interpretation:


  Once I figured what shape I wanted to use it was kind of fun playing around and making each circle coordinate with the others using various stamp sets and embellishments.  I picked my color combination right from the Color Coach: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate.

  A few features to note that are hard to see in the photo:  paper pierced heart around the sentiment on the top circle, Banner Blast 'love' banner punched out and adhered to the smallest circle and trimmed to match the shape of the circle and Dazzling Details on the small Smoky Slate heart.

  I hope you'll play along with us and show what you can do with this sketch!  For more inspiration and to share your own creation head over to Fab Friday.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Blast (SAB), Love You to the Moon, Geometrical, Just Sayin'

Ink: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Retro Fresh DSP, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral Core'dinations, Smoky Slate

Accessories: Circle framelits, paper piercing guide, button, Coastal Cabana twine (SAB), Calypso Coral baker's twine, Banner punch (SAB), Owl punch (mini heart), small heart punch, candy dots, Dazzling Details, ruffle stretch ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Stinkin' DARLING picture of those boys!! Glad you made it there and back safely ... and your card is adorable!! So much "love" going on there ... great idea to use circles on this sketch! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, those boys are growing up way too quickly! And goodness, they're so handsome! Glad you had a great vacation! Love your card - great take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had fun at Disney World (of course, how could you not??)!! Glad you arrived safely!! Love the card, great job with the circles!! And I love how you put the ruffle ribbon on part of the circle, looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch!! Love the circles!! The ruffle ribbon on just part of the circle is a great idea!! Love it!!

    Looks like fun was had at Disney World!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!