Monday, February 17, 2014

Sweet Sorbet Get Well

  I've still been watching a lot of Olympics so my stamping time has been almost non-existent! I guess I better get going since I have to design a few projects for my stamp club which meets next week.  I have lots of ideas I just need to sit down and play.

  My card today is one that we made at the last stamp club.  It's a simple design that uses a lot of colors and shows off some Sale-a-bration items.  I did change the final design for class from what is shown in this photo.  The more I kept looking at the original the more I thought that the narrow black ribbon across the corner looked like one of the "in memory" or "in honor" bands that you sometimes see on uniforms to recognize someone who died.  I figured that probably wasn't the feeling that I wanted on a Get Well card!  So my stamping ladies made a bow from the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) Sweet Accessory pack twine instead.


 We used most of the Petal Parade stamps and made a little collage pulling colors from the Sweet Sorbet DSP.  The Sahara Sand and Summer Starfruit was stamped off once before stamping onto the cardstock so those images would be a little less bold.

  My ladies had a choice between a black or Sahara Sand candy dot for the center of the big Crisp Cantaloupe flower.  The flower panel is popped up on dimensionals over a narrow strips of Sweet Sorbet DSP.  Can you tell that I love these coordinating SAB products?

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Parade (SAB), Delightful Dozen

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, black

Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB)

Accessories: dimensionals, candy dot, 1/8" black taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!