Monday, February 3, 2014

Love Thoughts

  It's a gray, wet day here in Richmond!  When the boys woke up this morning and noticed the rain Alex asked if school was cancelled!  Poor kid, the way they've been calling off school lately I guess that rain is a perfectly valid reason to not have school.

  The weather was really nice over the weekend and we enjoyed it with lots of time outside but I still had time to do some stamping.  I used the Retro Sketches challenge to get me started with this card.


   I took some liberties with the size of the main panel but I think it ended up OK!



  I wanted to use one of the patterns from the fun Sale-a-Bration (SAB) Sweet Sorbet DSP and I really liked this Pool Party and Black design.  I went with a square card since I don't really make them that often and the challenge sketch is a square layout.

  I rounded the corners on one side of the DSP and then added a Basic Black flag on the other side.  I used the Owl punch for the little Pool Party hearts and then covered them with Dazzling Details.

  For the main panel I heat embossed in black the little sentiment from Love You to the Moon and cut it out with the matching Word Bubble framelit.  I embossed just the heart with Pool Party embossing powder and cut it out and popped it up with a dimensional.  I layered all of that on to a Basic Black oval and added a Pool Party bow to the top.

  I think I'll be sending this one to my Grandma for Valentine's day.  Do you have your cards made?  Remember they don't have to be over the top cards to be appreciated.  Send your love to someone and put a smile on their face!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Love You to the Moon

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB), Pool Party

Accessories: Banner punch (SAB), Owl punch, corner rounder, Dazzling Details, black & Pool Party embossing powder, oval framelits, Word Bubbles framelits, bakers twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!