Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clean and Simple Valentine

For this card I combined 2 challenges, one of which has already ended but the colors are still awesome!  Sometimes you don't need a whole lot of frills on a card and just a few details can make it special.


  The color combination came from ColourQ 224, Poppy Parade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.

  The Color Block inspiration came from CAS-ual Fridays.

  The base of the card is Whisper White, then I added a Poppy Parade panel which had a heart cut from the center.  I like how the negative white heart breaks up the brightness of the Poppy Parade.  Then I embossed my sentiment onto the Island Indigo panel with white embossing powder.  You can find this sentiment along with a bunch of other love/thinking of you stamps in the Occasions catalog in the Love You to the Moon set.  The final panel in Pool Party is embossed with the Arrows embossing folder also in the Occasions catalog.  I said yesterday that it's my new favorite and I can't deny it.  To soften all the edges a bit I rounded the corners on the color pieces.

  To keep with the color combination I added a Basic Gray button threaded with white Baker's Twine.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Love You to the Moon

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Island Indigo

Accessories:  Arrows embossing folder, baker's twine, button, white e.p., corner rounder, heart framelits.



2 comments:

  1. great colors and textures. lovely card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color blocking is fantastic! I really like the texture on the Pool Party panel. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!