Friday, January 17, 2014

CAS Petal Parade

  Happy Friday!  I hope you have a fun weekend ahead of you.  We have the Cub Scout space race which is always fun to see as well as dinner with friends.  I do hope to find some time to stamp too of course.

  My card today is one that I designed for a private class I did last weekend.  One of my customers wanted to have some friends and co-workers over for an afternoon of crafting so I put together a few projects for them to do.


  This is a nice clean and simple card using Sale-a-bration (SAB) freebies!  The flower stamp set, twine and DSP are all things you can get for free with a qualifying purchase!  For this card we simply stamped the two flowers from the Petal Parade stamp set in Pool Party and Summer Starfruit, added a strip of Sweet Sorbet DSP and then a bow of Summer Starfruit twine from the Sweet Sorbet accessory pack around the sentiment panel.

  I designed this card to be an any occasion card and each of the ladies at the class could choose which sentiment from Sweet Essentials they wanted for their card.  Aren't those nice pops of happy colors for the sometimes dreary winter?  I know I'm not the only one who thinks Summer Starfruit is hard to work with but it does go nicely with Pool Party in this case.  It's all about finding the right combination isn't it!?

  For my local ladies, our next stamping event will be on Jan. 28.  I sent an email a few days ago so please look for it and RSVP by this coming Wed. if you plan to attend.  I have not heard back from many of my regulars and I don't want anyone to miss out.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Parade (SAB), Sweet Essentials

Ink: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack (twine) (SAB)

1 comment:

  1. I love the clean and simple look of this...and what a great way to showcase how different sentiments can work for the same layout :) Nice job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!