Friday, November 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Leaves - Fab Friday 30

  Whew!  Halloween is over!  How did everyone fare last night?  Sugar hangover this morning?  Kids still hopped up on candy?  I really feel bad for the poor teachers the day after Halloween!

  Now that we've checked October off the calendar let's move on to November and Thanksgiving.  I try to send a few cards for Thanksgiving and I thought this week's Fab Friday challenge had great colors to get me started!  To see all the other Design Team projects head on over to the Fab Friday challenge and be inspired and play along!

  Here they are:



   These are good colors for guy cards as well if you have some fall birthdays that you need cards for!

  Here's what I did:


   I thought the little leaf from Betsy's Blossoms would be cute for a fall card with our challenge colors.  After I stamped them out they almost looked like feathers….what do you think?  And then after looking at them some more I kind of saw Indian corn too.  Maybe it's just the colors that made me think of Indian corn.  Anyway, I used the leaves/feathers/corn as accents to highlight my Thanksgiving sentiment, "So Grateful".

  The large Very Vanilla panel is stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp (I know I'm probably over-using this stamp but I love it for just so many things!), then I embossed it with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Corners were rounded using the envelope punch board.

  A strip of the burlap ribbon (in the Holiday catalog) goes across the middle and I layered my leaves/feathers/corn onto a piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations cut with a Labels Collection framelit.   I sanded the label lightly then pierced the edge using the matching piercing guide.  My chalk marker was used for the faux stitching.

  The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso and then the strip was pierced using the piercing guide. An adhesive pearl added to the leaves/feathers/corn is the last detail.

 I hope you'll play along with us at Fab Friday.  The entries have been awesome and it's so hard to pick favorites!  Throw your hat in join us!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Apothecary Art, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze

Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Early Espresso Core'dinations

Accessories: burlap ribbon, Woodgrain e.f., adhesive pearls, Label Collection framelits, chalk marker, piercing tool & guides, corner rounder, dimensionals

  


1 comment:

  1. I love this card, Amanda! The cluster of leaves is so pretty, and I love the grungey look on the woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!