Monday, September 30, 2013

Glittery Birthday Gift

  It seems that even though the boys have been in school for almost a full month now I'm still having trouble getting organized enough to post projects regularly.  My house is clean, we have groceries, I've even done some organizing of drawers, closets and cabinets but the blogging just isn't happening as much as I'd like it too.  But I do have a card to share today so that's something right?   Maybe I'll keep my blogging clean and simple like the card??


  I made this card using the just ended Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I am a few hours late getting it posted but it's a fun sketch nonetheless.

  The 4 background panels are embossed with the Stripes embossing folder.  I just turned the squares on an angle when I sent them through the Big Shot.  I thought it gave kind of cool look that echoes the stripes on the gift.



  Do you recognize this image?  It's from the Color Me Christmas set!  Not just for Christmas apparently.  I stamped it with Stazon on watercolor paper.  I colored it with markers and then used an Aquapainter and Sahara Sand ink pad to make a very light shadow around the gift.  I covered the bow/ribbon with Dazzling Details and then popped it up with dimensionals.  Rhinestones in the four corners finish off this birthday card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Color Me Christmas

Ink: Stazon, Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder & Soft Sky (markers)

Paper: Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, watercolor paper

Accessories: Stripes e.f., rhinestones, Dazzling Details, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and love the glitter! The background blocks look so awesome! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! The colors and texture are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!