Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hexagon Thank You

I finally got around to taking pictures of the projects from my last stamp club and getting them edited so I could post them.

I always feel that you need a few sets in your stamp collection that work with any sentiment or kind of card.  Since Circle Circus retired I think the new Six Sided Sampler fits that bill!  Another one that works also with a bit more of a feminine flair is Mosaic Madness.  A few basic shapes, a punch and coordinating embossing folder and the sky's the limit to how many different cards you can make just by changing the sentiment!

When I was designing this project I was in a time crunch to get it done before I headed out of town on vacation.  I used this cool sketch challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments from a few weeks back to help me along in my creative process.


 The base is Crumb Cake and then a layer of Gumball Green Core'dinations that was embossed with the Honeycomb folder and then sanded a bit.  Next I stamped a few Pool Party striped hexagons and punched them out of Core'dinations cardstock as well.  I used the punch again on some Epic Day DSP (love these designs!).  I positioned the punched hexagons to match the sketch.

  For the tag I used the new Lots of Thanks set for the sentiment.  And here's something really cool!!!  You can use the hexagon punch to flag the ends of a banner!  So cool!  A length of Crumb Cake seam binding and a knot finish this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Six Sided Sampler, Lots of Thanks

Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party

Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party & Gumball Green Core'dinations, Whisper White, Epic Day DSP

Accessories: Hexagon punch, sanding block, Honeycomb e.f., seam binding ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Amanda! Love the shapes, and the colors are so cheerful! Great card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and it seems so simple! Pinning this one. Thanks Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!