Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nautical Blocks

  Since the temps here in Richmond will be reaching into the 80s again today I thought I would share this nautical, beach inspired card using By the Tide.  My ladies made this design at my last class.

  I CASEd this card from Connie Tumm's card that I found on Pinterest.  I really liked her blocks of colors and I think the Real Red, Midnight Muse and Crumb Cake color combo is a definite winner.


  This card starts with a Midnight Muse base and then a layer of Crumb Cake that was stamped all over using the shell and script words stamp.  Even though you can't see much of the images on this panel it really gives depth to the card.

  Next, the lobster, fish and sea shell were stamped on their respective Whisper White blocks.  Don't the images just pop on that white cardstock?

  The final accent for this card is the center metal button with a Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon knot and banner stamped using the Itty Bitty Banners set.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: By the Tide, Itty Bitty Banners

Ink: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Midnight Muse

Paper: Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories: metal button, 1/8" taffeta ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Amanda! I am sure that your ladies enjoyed making it. Hope you are doing okay...seems like ages since I was here! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love this card! I used it as the inspiration for a card I shared on my blog (http://snippetsbyandrea.blogspot.com/2013/05/ocean-inspired-fathers-day-card.html), and I included a link back to your blog in my post. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!