Friday, September 14, 2012

Wonderfall is Fab on Friday!

  TGIF right?  We're starting the weekend off right with another Fab Friday challenge.  We had an awesome group of entries for the very first challenge so we're excited to see all the awesome projects for this great color challenge!

  This time it's a color challenge!  So Saffron, Sahara Sand and Basic Gray!  Head over to Fab Friday for all the details on how to join in the fun and see the fabulous design team samples! 


  I'll admit that at first I was stumped but once I started playing with the colors I really liked them together.  Lately here in Central Virginia we've had cooler temperatures and hardly any humidity so feels like fall is in the air....at least for a few days.  I fully expect to have several more 90+ days before autumn officially starts!  For now I've decided to embrace the cooler weather and I stamped a fall card for this color challenge!


  The photo makes this card look short and squat but it's a regular A2 size.  Again, I must work on my camera skills!  Anyway, I had fun making this little leaf bouquet to incorporate our challenge colors.  The card base is Sahara Sand and I embossed a smaller piece of Sahara Sand with the Woodgrain embossing folder for the top portion of the card.  Next I used a scrap of Very Vanilla and the zigzag Finishing Touches Edgelit and added it behind a piece of the Basic Gray polka dotted DSP from the Howlstooth & Scarringbone pack.  I covered the seam with Basic Gray taffeta ribbon.

  Next, using the fun new Wonderfall stamp set and the coordinating Autumn Accents Big Shot die I created my leaf bouquet (both found in the Holiday catalog).  Quick tip: Cut your leaves out first and then ink your stamp, flip it over and lay the leaf on top of the stamp.  Use a bone folder or brayer to "rub" your ink onto the die cut.  Pretty much like how you use big background stamps.

  Once I had my bouquet made and popped up with dimensionals I needed to do some embellishing!   I added a Very Vanilla button tied with linen thread (a.k.a. Man Ribbon!), added a Vintage Trinket safety pin and a little tag.  The 'hello' is in the Pennant Parade set and is the perfect size for the jewelry tag punch.

  This card is going to find it's way to my grandparents with some photos of the boys from the first day of school.  Just need to print them out...one more thing added to the to-do list!

  I hope you can play along with us at Fab Friday!  Remember you have almost 2 weeks to do the challenge so you can mull it over for a bit!  Have a fantastic weekend!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wonderfall, Pennant Parade

Ink: So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray

Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP

Accessories: Vintage Trinket, linen thread, button, taffeta ribbon, Finishing Touches Edgelit, Woodgrain e.f.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I intended to comment on all of the DT projects last week, but the entries started rolling in too fast and I never got to it. I just wanted to pop in and say that I LOVE your fall card. I'm having major regret about not getting this set and die. I especially love all of your details- the safety pin and the zigzagged layer. Great card! Happy to be on the DT with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design and the color combo -- fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!! I wasn't getting the Fall feel from this color combo, but you pulled it off perfectly!! The woodgrain background and vintage safety pin add just the right finishing touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Amanda you are brilliant to come up with a fall card with this color combo that I thought was hard for me but I knew what set I was going to use so that made it a little easier. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for your kind words on my card and no kidding I am glad I found my phone too as I was going to run home and call my friend to call me on my cell in 10 minutes. Thanks God I didn't have to do that. SIlly me. I messed up my knee though when I tripped. I have been limping around here. Thanks again. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love those colors together. They would be a great inspiration for a room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job with these colors! love your card, especially the bouquet of leaves with the little pin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!