Monday, September 10, 2012

Birthday Balloons

  Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and got lots of stamping time in.  I did a little bit of stamping but the weather was so nice yesterday that I spent a good part of the afternoon outside reading.  I did finish this card on Friday combining a few challenges though.  I wouldn't want you to think I was slacking off or anything!

  I used the ColourQ combination of Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and white.  I didn't have any Soft Sky (I don't think I ever owned that color at all!) so I thought that Pool Party was a pretty close match.  For the layout I used the Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.


  I had fun mixing and matching the balloon colors to get the right balance.  Some fun details that I like on this card are the Whisper White craft ink clouds on the Pool Party card base and then the clouds are stamped again on the balloon panel in Pool Party.  I also like the polka dot DSP that was edged with the scallop edgelit.  And finally the little punched flowers with the rhinestones in the center....too cute if I do say so myself!

  I'm off to a busy day of grocery shopping, laundry and general running to and fro.  Hope you have a great start to the week!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Up, Up and Away

Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, white craft

Paper: Pool Party, Pool Party In Color DSP pack, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, So Saffron, Calypso Coral

Accessories: oval punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, stitched grosgrain ribbon, scallop edgelit, rhinestones, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, first off I love your hot air balloon card. Very darling and what you do not own a flower punch or die? OMG that should be a crime even in a house of males. LOL! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a great day. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little flowers finish off this darling card perfectly! Balloons are so trendy right now - what a fun card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with your colors, Amanda, this is the perfect set for this card! thanks so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!