Saturday, July 28, 2012

Trendy Wedding Card

  Last week I set out to make a few cards using the new catalog as an inspiration.  There were several samples that caught my eye as soon as I saw the new catalog in person.  One was the wedding card on page 39.  The blocks of silver and Daffodil Delight caught my eye as well as the embossed cake.  We haven't needed many wedding cards the last few years but my husband's former manager got married recently and my husband was going to be seeing him so I wanted to make sure we recognized the big event.

  I don't have the Love & Laughter stamp set so I went with what I had; Make a Cake.

  
  You might notice that I didn't emboss my cake directly onto the card base like in the sample....well I gave it the old college try that's for sure!  I tried to emboss it several times but it just never came out quite right....the top layer was a little crooked to left, then to the right, then the embossing smeared because I rubbed the side of my hand on the image by accident.  So yes, finally this stamper gave up on the embossing!  I know that some people seem to think that every card a Stampin' Up! demonstrator makes comes out on the first try and gets finished in 10 minutes....Not so!  =)  I futzed with this card for quite a while and over several days before I was finally happy enough to adhere all the elements together.

  Since the embossing wasn't in the stars I stamped the cake in Basic Gray and punched it out with the oval punch.  I did a bit of paper piecing on the top layer to bring some of the Daffodil Delight to that part of the card.  Isn't this pattern fun?  It's from the Floral District DSP.  Some of the larger patterns might catch your eye right off but this smaller print is great for little elements on a card.  The punched oval is popped with dimensionals.

  I stamped the Congratulations from Sweet Essentials (my new favorite sentiment set!).  I used the Basic Gray ink again but stamped it onto a strip of vellum.  I added a little rhinestone to the corner for some sparkle over there.

  The other 2 blocks on the top panel are Brushed Silver also with rounded corners.  The final touch pulled from the inspiration sample in the catalog are the Silver Glimmer paper punched hearts that frame the cake on the left side. They are popped up on tiny bits of dimensionals.

  While this card didn't come together easily I am happy with how it eventually turned out!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Make a Cake, Sweet Essentials

Ink: Basic Gray


Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Floral District DSP, vellum, Silver Glimmer paper

Accessories: corner rounder punch, rhinestone, small heart punch, large oval punch, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This color combination is really popular, and I think it's beautiful! What a pretty card - I'd be happy with it too! Great job, Amanda - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the layout. Glad you kept going and finished the card despite the frustrations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!