Thursday, May 10, 2012

Twitterpated New Neighbor Gift

 Well the Flyers couldn't get it done the other night against the Devils so I will have a lot more free time in the evenings to stamp instead of watch hockey!  I'll miss watching hockey but won't miss seeing my team stink it up on the ice!  =)

  I'll be putting this free time to use by making up some more of these welcome new neighbor gifts.  Our neighborhood is having a lot of new construction these days and pretty soon people will be moving into these houses and I want to welcome them with a little something.  I found these cute little jar candles at the Dollar Store.  They smell really nice and come in colors that coordinate with some Designer Series papers that I have.  All it takes to make a nice but inexpensive gift (I think there are 10-12 new houses being built so I don't want to break the bank!) is to coordinate a card with a little something.  Stampin' Up! DSP is perfect for this project!

  I just wrapped the candle with some DSP.  Stamped the tree from the retired Sale-a-Bration set Good Neighbor and then punched it out and layered it on a Riding Hood Red circle.  I added a Basic Gray taffeta ribbon knot to tie it in with the card.

  For the card I used a Pear Pizzazz base (see how it matches the candle?) and more of the Twitterpated DSP.  I inked up the little house scene with my markers and then punched it out with the scallop circle punch.  I paper pierced the scallops for another detail and also added a Basic Gray taffeta knot.

 If I don't have many projects to share in the next few days it's because I'm too busy looking at the new Stampin' Up! catalog!!  Yes, it's here!  Demonstrators were able to get their copy mailed out on Monday and mine arrived on Tuesday (yes I had to do expedited shipping, I was just too excited!) along with a bunch of fun preorder items!  Customers are able to see and order from the new catalog starting on June 1st.  Don't wait to get retiring items...they will be gone on May 31.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Good Neighbors

Ink: Pear Pizzazz,Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, Island Indigo

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP, Riding Hood Red


Accessories: circle punches, taffeta ribbon, scallop circle punch, paper piercer


2 comments:

  1. very pretty. i love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! What a wonderful little welcome gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!