Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Summer Smooches Stationery Set

 Today is like Rex Manning Day (if you know this reference without looking it up you rock!) for us Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  Stampin' Up! released a select few products from the new catalog for us to order early.  It's really exciting to get to see new products early and a great perk of being a demo.  I know some ladies who signed up for this sole reason!  If you're interested in getting perks like this as well as a great discount give me a shout...there is a new Starter Kit that is completely customizable!  You can choose anything you want!

  Today I'm sharing the project we did for my April class.  It's a Summer Smooches Clear Mount Case Stationery Set (that's a mouthful isn't it?).

  We made 4 note cards with envelopes, 4 3x3 notes with envelopes, a notepad and pen.  All this fits into the clear mount stamp cases that Stampin' Up! sells by the 4 pack.  These little babies make great gifts and I know a few of my ladies were going to gift the one they made at class for Mother's Day.

 Here is the sample that I made for class.  The ladies each got 6 sheets of the Summer Smooches DSP (one of each pattern in the pack) to customize their case, cards, envelopes, pen and notepad.  It was fun to see the different combinations they chose.

   We used the Bright Blossoms stamp set and I made up 4 different designs to give them a starting point for their own cards.  We also lined the inside of the A2 envelopes.  This is a great touch especially if you're giving a set of note cards as a gift.

  Most of the ladies used the matching markers to color the stamps since the images are on the smaller side it's easier to use the markers to vary the blossom colors.  Each class attendee also received 2 yards of the Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon to use on their cards.

  The little 3x3 notes are adorable!  We used the Simply Scored Diagonal scoring plate to make custom envelopes for the 3x3 notes.  Even more adorable!  All the ladies really liked being able to make their own envies.

 And here's my example of the customized notepad and pen.  The notepad is a junior legal size that I had the office supply store cut down to fit into the case.  A little bit of DSP for both and you have some nicely coordinated accessories to go with your stationery set.

  If you missed out on the Summer Smooches sneak peek don't worry!  The Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon and Bright Blossoms stamp set will all be in the new catalog and can be ordered starting June 1!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Rex Manning Day!

  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bright Blossoms

Ink: Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP

Accessories: Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon, scallop circle punch, paper piercer, Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring plate, paper piercer

6 comments:

  1. I love the lined envelopes. How did you cut for the flap of the envelope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a template by cutting off the glue part of an envelope and then using that to trace the shape of the flap onto the DSP. Just cut it out, slip it into the envelope, fold the flap down so you get a nice crease and then apply some adhesive right below the envelope glue. No need to glue the end that is down inside. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Amanda - what a fabulous project! I bet the ladies went home very pleased with them! Great idea, dear friend! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I was not able to attend. Love the new papers and colors! Beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects....I did have to laugh though, I swear I didn't CASE your card that I have posted on my blog. How funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I especially love the cards and the lined envelopes. What a great class idea too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!