Thursday, April 26, 2012

Twitterpated Thank You


  

  Wow!  A lot of stuff going on in the world of Stampin' Up!  We got the retiring stamp list a few weeks ago, and then yesterday the retiring accessories list was released.  Lots of favorites are retiring but that just makes me excited to see what new products will be taking their place come the new catalog on June 1.  I'm sure my wish list will be a mile long!

  If you've looked at the retiring lists and have questions feel free to leave a comment or send an e-mail and I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

  On to the card!  I made this one for the husband of one of my stamping ladies.  He ordered his wife a very nice birthday present back at the end of February (yes, I'm terribly behind on my personal stamping!).  I say you can't go wrong with stamping supplies as a birthday gift since it's always the right size!  I usually make a little something to tuck into my customers order bags but with online orders I don't get the chance to do that so I send a thank you card instead.


 I combined 2 challenges for this one; Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge (CC371) to use Whisper White, Basic Gray & Sahara Sand and the sketch challenge from last week at Freshly Made Sketches.  

  There is actually very little stamping on this card....just the Thank You from Thank You Kindly (soon to be retired!) which is stamped in Basic Gray and then cut out and matted with the Framelits dies.  I used two Basic Gray brads to dress up the focal point a bit.

  The base of the card is Sahara Sand with a layer of Whisper White and then a layer of Twitterpated DSP (also soon to be retired!).  I added a strip of Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon to keep with the sketch (again on the retiring list!).

  All in all a very simple card and a good layout for many different types of cards. 

  I hope to get some stamping time in tomorrow so I'll have something fun to show over the weekend.  Don't forget that Mother's Day is coming!  Start planning out your gift items and cards.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Thank You Kindly

Ink: Basic Gray

Paper: Sahara Sand Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP


Accessories: Framelits dies, 5/8" satin ribbon, brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!