Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy New House!

  Last month one of my stamping ladies bought her first house and she asked me to help her design a change of address card to send out to friends and family.  I got to go see her new house and of course I didn't show up empty handed!  A new house is an exciting thing and should be properly celebrated with stamped gifts of course!

  First, I wrapped some Everyday Enchantment DSP around a little mini jar candle.  I stamped the flower from Fresh Vintage in Poppy Parade and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I layered that on a 1 3/8" punched Lucky Limeade circle.  I used some rhinestones in the center of the flower and then turned it into a tag by punching a small hole and using Lucky Limeade baker's twine to tie it to the jar.

  For the card I used a Crumb Cake base which I distressed a bit with the spritzer tool.  Another piece of Everyday Enchantment DSP and a length of Poppy Parade twill ribbon (if you love this ribbon get more of it now as it will be retiring in a few months!) went on the card front.  I used a retired Sale-a-bration set from a few years ago for the image.  Good Neighbors is such a cute little set with mix and match houses and roofs with several different tree styles and an adorable cloud.  I have hung onto this set exactly for occasions like these.


  The house on the card is stamped in Poppy Parade and the roof is Crumb Cake.  I stamped the tree in Lucky Limeade and then colored in some of the "apples" with my Poppy Parade marker.  The cloud is Pool Party.  I punched the little scene out with my large circle punch and then layered it on a large scallop circle.  I paper pierced the scallops and then popped the whole thing up with dimensionals.

  You can read more about the glass magnets HERE and HERE.  I just put them in a small cello bag and tied it off with another length of Poppy Parade twill ribbon.

  This was such a cute little ensemble I think I'll be making more for all the new neighbors that will be moving into our neighborhood.  Almost all of the empty lots have been sold and one new house is almost complete.  I better get moving and find some more little candles and start stamping!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Good Neighbors


Ink: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade


Paper: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Everyday Enchantment DSP

Accessories: circle punches, scallop circle punch, rhinestones, Baker's Twine, twill ribbon, spritzer tool, dimensionals, cello bag, glass rocks (non-SU), magnets (non-SU)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set! I'm sure that your stamping friend was thrilled when you knocked on her door with this gift in hand! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT set! Pretty doesn't even begin to describe such a wonderful house warming gift! I'm sure she was thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the detail on the house, trees and clouds on the circle. And I actually have that stamps, so I'm going to pin this and get to creating some on these cards for my collection! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!