Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vintage Nature Walk

  February is almost over and I haven't shared all of my Creative Crew projects for February.  For this card we were to use a stamp set we had to have but then never used or hardly used at all.  When the new Idea Book & Catalog came out last summer I was excited to see that Nature Walk made the cut from a previous mini catalog.  But then it just sat and sat and sat some more gathering dust on my desk.  When I saw this challenge I knew Nature Walk was the set I needed to use....as soon as I mounted it of course!








 The base is Blushing Bride that is sponged and spritzed with Soft Suede. The next layer is a piece of First Edition DSP that I rubbed a Whisper White craft pad all over to fade the printing. Then that layer was also spritzed and sponged and stamped.

  I roughed up a strip of Certainly Celery that was punched with the scallop border punch. On top of that I layered the flower stamped onto Blushing Bride and embossed with the oval Designer Frames embossing folder. I used my Simply Scored stylus and the Whisper White craft ink to color the flowers white.

  I added a few adhesive pearls, a Very Vanilla seam binding fork bow and a Vintage Trinket safety pin for the finishing touches.

  It was great to get this set put together and finally inked it up.  Go ahead and get out one of your dusty stamp sets and get some ink on it!  If you'd like to upload your card to Splitcoaststampers for the Creative Crew challenge make sure you use the keyword: CCREW0212CF.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Nature Walk

Ink: White craft, vanilla craft, Soft Suede

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, First Edition DSP

Accessories:  spritzer tool, pearls, frames embosslits, scallop border punch, vintage trinkets, seam binding ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Amanda!!! I love the vintage feel of this card and also the colors. I have a few sets that have yet to see the light of day, but I know that someday they will get used :).

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!