Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twitterpated Quilt

  Good morning!  Just a quick post today to show another one of my Creative Crew projects for February.  For this challenge we were to use the new Twitterpated Designer Series Paper or the colors that are in the paper.  If you'd like to check out all the fabulous projects go over to Splitcoaststampers and search the gallery with the keyword: CCREW0212DF.  So many great ideas from this talented group of ladies!


  The designs in the Twitterpated DSP are really great for spring cards.  The base is Pear Pizzazz.

  I made the Top Note patchwork quilt by punching out squares of the Twitterpated DSP and adhering them to a Whisper White base. I then cut the Top Note shape and also embossed the whole thing with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. It's hard to see in the photo but this step gives a nice texture.

   I wrapped some Basic Gray taffeta (retired- Sorry!) around the Top Note and tied a knot.

   The flower from the Bordering on Romance set is stamped with Stazon onto watercolor paper. I got the gray look by stamping off on scrap paper once before stamping the watercolor paper. I watercolored the flower with re-inkers and an Aquapainter.  The flower is cut out using the Labels Framelits.  I added some tiny pearls to the points of the label.

   The sentiment from Petite Pairs was also stamped the same way by stamping off once and then mounted onto a larger Blushing Bride circle.

   Both the flower and sentiment panels are popped up with dimensionals.

  Don't forget to enter my 3 Year Demonstrator Anniversary giveaway!  See the details in this post from last week.  I can't believe how few people have entered for a free stamp set! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Petite Pairs

Ink: Stazon, Pear Pizzazz & Blushing Bride for watercoloring

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, watercolor paper, Twitterpated DSP, Blushing Bride 

Accessories:  Top Note die, Vintage Wallpaper e.f., Labels Framelits, circle punches, tafetta ribbon, pearls

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilted look. I will have to try that. My Mom, Sister and my best friend get together a couple Saturday's each month in the winter months to sew. This is perfect for them! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!