Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slow Snail Belated Birthday

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  We are enjoy quite the warm spell here in central Virgina.  It was in the 60s today and we enjoyed an awesome walk with my in-laws down in Virginia Beach.  We had 2 very tired little boys on our way home this evening.  There was a lot of snoring coming from the back seat!



  I hope to get some more stamping done tomorrow so for now I'm sharing another Creative Crew project for the January challenges.  The challenge was to use a color combination that we had never used before along with this sketch.

 



So how do you think I did?  I flipped the sketch on its side and stamped the snail as if he's coming onto the main panel. 



























  The images are stamped with Stazon on watercolor paper and then colored in with a blender pen and reinkers.  I outlined the gifts and snail with a bit of Sahara Sand for some added detail.  

  I rounded opposite corners, used brads, new 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Crystal Effects on the snail shell, and a banner for the sentiment.  But by far my favorite is the Dazzling Details snail trail wandering around the bottom of the card.  It's no wonder that this snail is late for a birthday!

  Remember if you'd like to play along with this Creative Crew Challenge use a color combination you've never used before with the above sketch and upload it to Splitcoaststampers using the keyword: CCREWDF112.

  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Turtle & Co.

Ink: Stazon, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Sahara Sand

Paper: watercolor paper, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Black

Accessories: Aquapainter, black brads, SAB designer printed brad, 1/8" Calypso Coral organdy ribbon, corner rounder, Dazzling Details


1 comment:

  1. This little snail is just adorable, Amanda! Your color combo is very pretty - in fact, I may have to try it on a project! Thanks for sharing, and for your sweet comments on my blog. You are a good blogging friend! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!