Friday, December 23, 2011

Quarter Fold Snowflake Thank You

  Only 2 days left!  Do you have all your shopping done?  Do you have all the presents wrapped?  Are you all ready for the hoard of relatives that are coming to visit?  Nope on all 3 for me!  Usually I'm pretty organized but this year I'm just feeling behind for some reason!  Maybe I shouldn't be on the blog writing a post?  Well I've got laundry going so at least I'm on the right track of getting ready.  The guest rooms will be cleaned and made up today, one last stop at the grocery store today for the Christmas morning breakfast items that I forgot yesterday when I did my big shopping and the rest of the gifts will get wrapped tonight after little eyes are fast asleep.  

  Here is a card that took me forever to finish.  I think I started it right after we came home from Thanksgiving and just finished it last week.  It was a Creative Crew challenge on Splitcoaststampers for November and I had the idea in my head and just never had the time to put it all together.  I would work on it for a minute or 2 at a time but it's finally done and while it doesn't match the idea I had in my head I still think it's a fun winter card.

   I got a catalog in the mail from Tiny Prints; a photo card company where you just insert your photos to their templates and they print up your cards for you.  This one color combination jumped out at me and I thought I would use it for this Quarter Fold card I was attempting.  I used the closest Stampin' Up! colors that I could...Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise and Not Quite Navy.


   Looking at it now I should have centered all my snowflakes but at the time I was wanting them to be all off set like snowflakes falling randomly down from the sky.  Oh well!  This card is neat because it folds together like you do to the top of a cardboard box, one flap tucked under another alternating all the way around.

  For my 3 white panels I ran them through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  For the snowflakes I stamped the Simple Snowflake on the colored cardstock with White Craft ink and then punched it out with the snowflake punch.  They are each mounted to their panel with a white brad in the center.

  For the white snowflake on the Poppy Parade panel I used one of the old assortments Real Red brad that matches really well to Poppy Parade and added a white baker's twine bow and a little Thank You circle.  The "Thank U" stamp is from the Pennant Parade stamp set.  I figured I had enough Christmas cards when I made this one that I better start stocking up on thank yous for after Christmas.

  Here it is opened up:


  If you want to learn how to make a Quarter Fold card check out Jana's blog HERE for the measurements and scoring details.  Basically your 2 base cardstock pieces form a cross or plus and make the flaps that you fold together. 

  I probably won't have time to post another project until after Christmas so I wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas!! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simple Snowflake, Pennant Parade

Ink: White Craft


Paper: Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: brads, baker's twine, Snowflake punch, small circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!