Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hidden Gift Card Holder

  Here is the second project we made last week at stamp club.  It's a hidden gift card hold and is so easy to make you won't believe it.  As a side note, I have a few hostess club spots left for next year.  If you're in the Richmond, VA area and are interested in joining me for some stamping fun in 2012 just let me know and I can get you all the details!

  The base of the card is Bashful Blue which I have sorely neglected since the color renovation 2 summers ago.  I had seen this color combination used on a Christmas card last year and liked it so much I made a note of it to try it myself this year.  So out came the Bashful Blue!

  Let me show you the inside of the card and the "hidden" part and then I'll explain how to make it.



























  See how the gift card is tucked into the slot behind the ornament panel??  So cool huh?  To make this all you do is fold the front flap of your card base in half towards the inside of the card.  Then take your word window punch and put the "flap" part in as far as it will go...don't worry you can't go to far, the punch is only so deep!  Punch it just slightly off from center.  Then move your word window punch over just a bit along the first punch and just punch about 1/3 of another word window and that gives you the slot.  Now adhere the flap to the inside by using adhesive just along the top and the bottom.  If you put adhesive near the slot there won't be enough room for your gift card to slide in.

  Now to decorate the front.  I used a panel of Rich Razzleberry topped with a Whisper White panel embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I stamped an ornament from Delightful Decorations in Rich Razzleberry and then punched it out.  I stamped the little Merry Christmas greetings in Bashful Blue and punched it out.  I adhered the little circle to the ornament and added a rhinestone to the center.  I adhered the ornament to the snowflake panel and then finished it off with some organza ribbon. 

  Make sure when you adhere your front panel to the flap that it is positioned so that it will cover the gift card in the slot. 

  I have to try to take a picture of the third project we did last week.  It's an ornament and is kind of hard to photograph.  It's another super cute and easy project to make.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Four the Holidays

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue


Paper: Bashful Blue, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White


Accessories: Word Window punch, Ornament punch, circle punch, rhinestone, organza ribbon, Northern Flurry embossing folder

3 comments:

  1. Love this color combo and love the card! One of my club ladies came today and showed her gift card holder that she made using your directions! I'm so glad she was inspired by yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Great for teacher gifts! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!