Friday, November 4, 2011

Thank You Banner

  I had hoped to get this card posted for you last night but I had volunteered to help set up for a used book sale that will benefit our preschool and I didn't get home until after 9 and then I was just too beat.  Our church/preschool is having a Holiday Stop & Shop with all sorts of vendors and the parents club organizes and runs a used book sale to earn more money for the school.  If you're in the Richmond area stop by either today from 9-1 or tomorrow (Saturday) from 9-4.  There will be over 30 vendors with some really neat items as well as LOTS of used books!  Our church, Epiphany Lutheran is located at 1400 Horsepen Ave right where Monument Ave. ends in the West End.  Come get some Christmas shopping done early!

  Now on to the card...I made this for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges which was to use a hanging image or element on your card.  I made a banner which of course you hang.  The colors I used were from a color challenge at Just Add Ink, Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride and a neutral of your choice.



























   I won't go into a lot of detail since I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.  I added a bit of bling and sparkle with the Blushing Bride glimmer brads holding the banner in the corners as well as 2 little rhinestones on the side banners.  The DSP is the retired Jolly Holiday.  I feel like I've been making cards forever with this DSP and I still have a few sheets left.  You certainly get your money's worth with the Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper pack that's for sure!

  I've got to get going and unpack an order that arrived last night.  My stamping ladies are excited to get their items to start on Christmas cards!  Remember if you're in the Richmond area come by and check out the Holiday Stop & Shop today and tomorrow!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pennant Parade

Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DSP (retired)

Accessories: Pennant builder punch, bakers twine, Glimmer Brads, adhesive rhinestones, small circle punch, dimensionals, Elegant Lines embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. Lots of detail in this card. Very cute. I like how you layer the effects of embossing, pattern paper and hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Amanda! Love the red and white. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card! I really like the pennants paired with this embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I need to use my pennants punch. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!