Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day of Gratitude Gatefold & An AWESOME Stampin' Up! Opportunity!

  Happy Sunday!  Here is the second card that we made this past week at my stamp clubs.  It was a good way to introduce the new Simply Scored tool to my stamping ladies.  I never really liked doing crazy folds or 3D stuff since scoring can be so tricky and I have wasted some cardstock in the past.  Well the Simply Scored is simply soooooo easy to use.  Set the place markers where you want to score and then score away.  The place markers are especially helpful when you need to do multiples of sa project.  No need to keep measuring, just follow the markers.  For this card we did the gatefold technique which makes 2 little flaps that fold open to show the inside of the card.


    I used the same colors that are in the Spice Cake DSP in the Holiday mini.  I would never put these colors together on my own but they work wonderfully together.  The base is Soft Suede and then on 2 side panels I used Pool Party with First Edition Specialty paper.  I stamped the large medallion from Day of Gratitude with Soft Suede ink and then stamped again without re-inking the stamp.  I used some Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon on the right side and anchored the lower part with a Vintage Trinket button brad topped with an adhesive pearl.

  The center sentiment panel was stamped by coloring the flower stamp with markers.  The "thank you" is stamped in Soft Suede then punched with the wide oval punch.  The edges are lightly sponged also in Soft Suede.  I punched a scallop oval in Pool Party and cut it in half to frame the larger oval.  Put a dimensional on the back of the left side and adhere it to the left panel.  And there it is....a Day of Gratitude Gatefold card.

  Now on to the AWESOME deal from Stampin' Up!  If you join as a demonstrator during the month of October you will get a FREE Big Shot!!!  Now really, how cool is that??  What if you already have a Big Shot?  Then you can choose $100 worth of product instead! 

  And one of the best things about joining as a Stampin' Up! demo (besides the awesome products and 20% discount of course!!) is that you never have to sell a thing if you don't want to.  There are no strings attached to buying the starter kit or as I have heard it called "The I Want It All Kit"!  Seriously, what's not to love about this deal?  If you've got questions just leave a comment or send me an e-mail and I'll get back to you ASAP.  You can check out more details about this great offer and all the great demonstrator benefits HERE on my Stampin' Up! website.

  Thanks for looking!  Did You Stamp Today?

Stamps: Day of Gratitude

Ink: Soft Suede, markers- Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard

Paper: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP

Accessories: seam binding ribbon, vintage trinket brad, adhesive pearl, wide oval punch, scallop oval punch, Simply Scored

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this card! Pool Party and Soft Suede look great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!