Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turtle & Co. Christmas

  I bet you didn't look at the Turtle & Co. set in the catalog and think, "Wow, I can make Christmas cards using this set!".  But you can!  This is a fun sparkly card where it would be very easy to just change out the colors for a birthday (guy or girl) and keep the same layout.  This is the 3rd and final card my stamping ladies made last week at the Turtle & Co. mini stamp-a-stack.

  The base of the card is Soft Suede.  I have a thin strip of In Color DSP in Lucky Limeade and a strip of Riding Hood Red punched with the scallop edge punch.  I highlighted the scallops a bit by piercing each one with my paper piercer.  The stacks of presents are stamped in Stazon on watercolor paper and colored in with markers.  Watercolor paper works wonderfully for coloring as you don't get the marker lines, everything blends together nicely. 

  For the bling on this card I used sticky strip across the bottom of the image panel and then pressed glass glitter into it.  You won't get any stray flecks coming off if you use the sticky strip.  It's very hard to see in the photo but I sprayed a healthy amount of Shimmer Mist (made from mixing a bit of Shimmer Paint with rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle...shake well and spray!) all over the entire card.  The Shimmer Mist really makes the Soft Suede base sparkle!  Finally, I used the new Dazzling Details (in the Holiday Mini) to highlight some of the presents, the bows and polka dots got jazzed up.  You can't get much more sparkle than this on one card!  It really catches the light in real life!

  Finally I stamped the "Merry Christmas" from Four the Holidays in Soft Suede. 

  That's it for today, I've got to get my butt in gear and get Alex to his first day of school and then do boring stuff like getting the oil changed in my car....yuck!  I'd rather be stamping!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Turtle & Co., Four the Holidays

Ink: Stazon, Soft Suede, markers- Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard

Paper: Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, watercolor paper, In Color DSP


Accessories: scallop border punch, Dazzling Details, Shimmer Mist, sticky strip, Glass Glitter

1 comment:

  1. Way too cute! The glass glitter sure adds great sparkle to the border... which is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!